Påkostad och utförlig bok om klassiska Volvo Amazon.
Inbunden bok med 250 färgbilder på 176 sidor.
Skriven på engelska.
In 1956, a prototype of a new passenger car from Volvo was presented. It became known as the Amazon in Sweden and the 121 and 122S in export markets, the latter denoting a more sporty derivative. However, despite its substantial appearance, all Amazons were surprisingly fleet of foot – this was one of the most sporty European saloons of the 1960s. With its elegant, timeless styling the Amazon broke new ground for Volvo – and for passenger cars as a whole.
- Includes the history of Volvo before and after the Amazon
- Development and production of all Amazon derivatives from 1956-1970, including the 121, 122S, 123GT and all of the estate editions
- Biographies of key Volvo personnel, including the company’s first designer, Jan Wilsgaard
- The Amazon in motorsport, plus driver biographies: Tom Trana, Sylvia Osterberg and Carl-Magnus Skogh
- Full buying guide along with tips on tuning and modifying, including rally preparation
- An insight into what the press thought of each Amazon derivative, with pages also devoted to how the car was marketed in period